Improve speed to market and reduce waste in system of work
Financial services client needed to deliver key cross functional strategic initiatives in order to maintain solvency requirements.
Prioritisation is a mess, pet projects and siloed working contribute to a bloated delivery pipe and progress is invisible. -- CTO
Summary of engagement
Designed a centralised prioritisation mechanism and project kanban system and a cross-functional team of directors/VPs to manage
- Visualised the flow of work across the whole company using a combination of Lean, Kanban and value stream mapping techniques
- Measured delivery wait times and cycle times to identify bottlenecks
- Throttled pipeline and mandated a 1:1 project:team ratio of delivery to maximise speed
- Created MIBI and buz ops 'command centre' to monitor progress with zaps and alerting to control flow
- Delivered value faster and optimised a £50 million portfolio of projects that enabled the company to meet its solvency requirements and board commitments.